Servants of Fortuna Forums

Servants of Fortuna Forums (http://forum.sof-guild.com/index.php)
-   Chat (http://forum.sof-guild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   * Diablo 3 Thread * (http://forum.sof-guild.com/showthread.php?t=12848)

Robus May 31st, 2012 22:33

the eu went down today - so i jumped on US which was having a shutdown to grab an update - fun.

FrogDevourer May 31st, 2012 22:42

If anyone is stuck in the "need to update" loop because you're playing on a EU (resp. US) server while you own a US (resp. EU) copy of the game, you can get out of the loop by tricking the client into updating from a different server with a manual update of your host file.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...2415037?page=1

Red Locust June 1st, 2012 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sol (Post 223644)
I have the opposite view, but from everyone I've spoken with, all classes seem to have the problem.

Once you hit inferno, you're locked into 1, maybe 2 cookie cutter builds for your class.

For the WD, it's either Zombear Spam fueled by VQ, or Splinter IAS single target spam - and both are, frankly pretty boring to play. :P

As nice as VQ is, it's practically mandatory to build around it in Inferno - which I'm not crazy about.

Wizard is similar deal, blizzard and venom hydra for fire-and-forget dps spells while you run about willy nilly and avoid getting hit. Not a heck of a lot of realistic options.

Robus June 1st, 2012 09:57

Demon hunters all basically have Smoke Screen with Lingering Fog and Preperation (either Focused Mind or Backup Plan) for the majority of inferno :(

Arwen June 1st, 2012 11:05

Rob could you do me a favor? I opened that pony lvl , but since I didnt kill Diablo on inferno I cant get plans for inferno difficulty, but could buy if someone who has done it invites me to his/her game. So could you please do it when you have time?
I didnt even make hell one, since is 500k and I am not sure if its worth it, so no rush.

Crash Test June 1st, 2012 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 223667)
I opened that pony lvl...

Is this the cow level of Diablo III?
I haven't heard or read anything about it so would love to know more. How does it work, when can you get in, what's the kill and drop rate like, would it be a good place for quick leveling, etc?

FrogDevourer June 1st, 2012 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash Test (Post 223668)
Is this the cow level of Diablo III?
I haven't heard or read anything about it so would love to know more. How does it work, when can you get in, what's the kill and drop rate like, would it be a good place for quick leveling, etc?

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/201...pony-level.htm
Not sure the drops are above average nor worth the effort and price to craft the staff but I haven't seen any proof of the contrary either.

Arwen June 1st, 2012 13:44

People say that drops are like drops in act IV of the difficulty you are on, so nightmare pony lvl would be like act IV nightmare etc. I done nightmare just to see how it looks like ( a bit creepy killing ponys and teddy bears:P) and it does seem that there is more drops.
If you are on EU server I could run you through it, but I only have it open on nightmare.

Crash Test June 1st, 2012 15:09

I just found this, cause i'm at the office, non-blocked link that seems to have a pretty decent walk through...

http://soe.hubpages.com/hub/Whimsysh...uide-Diablo-3#

Osiris June 2nd, 2012 03:27

Man they really pulled out the stops with Inferno difficulty...

I killed the last boss of act 4 (no spoilers :D) in hell with ease. The zombies in act 1 inferno are doing much more damage.

hmm...looks like +240 to all resistances and 63% damage reduction won't cut it :-/

Arwen June 2nd, 2012 15:32

I gave 500k for hell pony lvl and its indeed harder then act IV hell. I done only one run so cant really say if items are better and if its worth farming. Anyway if anyone wants to go just add me Maca#1805. Oh and I play on EU.

FrogDevourer June 2nd, 2012 15:41

First time I encountered 2 x hell bosses at the same time: jailer, mortar, arcane, fast, frozen among others. :dead: My armorer put a few k-gold in his now large pocket. I'm so glad I am not playing hardcore mode...

Belial was also quite annoying because he's only dangerous in phase 3 after he has lost many HPs and so each one-shot death meant I had to do everything all over again.

That said, I still need a few levels to buy better gear. :huh:

Red Locust June 2nd, 2012 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiris (Post 223678)
Man they really pulled out the stops with Inferno difficulty...

I killed the last boss of act 4 (no spoilers :D) in hell with ease. The zombies in act 1 inferno are doing much more damage.

hmm...looks like +240 to all resistances and 63% damage reduction won't cut it :-/

According to this table (inferno monsters should be lvl61+) resistances suffer from diminishing returns a lot. The best route is probably a mix of +res, +armor, +hp and hp on hit/kill/per second. Also likely the cheapest on the market ;)

FrogDevourer June 2nd, 2012 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Locust (Post 223700)
According to this table (inferno monsters should be lvl61+) resistances suffer from diminishing returns a lot. The best route is probably a mix of +res, +armor, +hp and hp on hit/kill/per second. Also likely the cheapest on the market ;)

Isn't the diminishing return normal? For instance if you reduce the dmg by 50% you'll live twice longer. To double again your life expectancy, you need to take 25% dmg instead of 50%, iso you need a dmg reduction of 75%. In other words, the first time your dmg is reduced by a factor of 2, you need +50% dmg reduction, but the second time only +25%. So for a given amount of ilvl or gold, a logarithmic diminishing returns means that your lifespan increases linearly. That said, if you die in less than 3 to 5 hits, you won't see much of a difference. :lol:

Red Locust June 3rd, 2012 01:43

Yes that is true, but the stats you can get on gear also follow some sort of diminishing return pattern (and are ridiculously expensive or rare). It's much easier to collect resist all, armor and vitality than focus on only one, I find. There's no obvious advantage to stacking one over the rest, i.e. 50% armor and 50% resist is, to my knowledge, just as good as 75% resist when you get hit by a zombie.